March Odds & Ends

Jul 1, 2015

There aren't exactly a lot of "odds and ends" from March... it was far too busy a month! Between KJ being here at the beginning, Hawaii in the middle and Sunshine's birthday festivities at the end, we didn't have time for much else! But here are a few random things that don't fit into one of those three categories.

Man Cub continued to grow up, despite my desperate plea that he not. 

We planted our garden and it did wonderfully... until about two weeks ago. We went from having the mildest June on record, to the hottest with no in between and the garden does not seem to have survived the transition. I'm so sad. We were loving all the cucumbers and tomatoes that our garden was producing in mass quantities. Now we wait until Fall and try again. 

We have a family of bunnies that lives under our shed. For the most part they aren't a problem but we caught this little one in the garden. Bruce trapped it in a 5 gallon bucket and the wee ones promptly named it Sprinkles and became very attached to it. Sunshine and Man Cub were hysterical when Bruce took the bunny to release it in the retention basin near our home. Then there is Beebs... Beebs was glad Sprinkles was gone. Sprinkles was a threat to Beebs' strawberry patch. She's such a little farm girl! 

I won a giveaway from a local watercolour artist and this was my prize... a watercolour painting of the Mesa temple, personalized with our names and anniversary date. I still need to find a frame for it and hang it on the wall, but I am so in love with it!

We spent a lot of what little free time we had in March working in the yard and garden. Man Cub loves to help water and Beebs could not get enough of the tiny strawberries that kept popping up in her little strawberry patch.

And last, but certainly not least, Bruce once again coached a group of Young Men from our ward for their March Madness basketball tournament. He's been coaching these boys for a few years now and he has such a blast doing it. Last year they were the stake champs... and this year they brought the trophy home for a second time! The sad part is, the tournament was only suppose to last two days but without warning they extended it to three and Bruce was unable to get the final day of the tournament off work. He didn't even get to see his boys win!! The kiddos and I went though and it was a great final game. On the second night of the tournament, the games went pretty late and Man Cub apparently got a little tired of waiting to go home. He fell asleep in his stroller, iPad in hand. Such a rare occurrence for my little guy, I had to get a picture. 

1 comment:

  1. claire - it is so fun to see the boys from your ward - i had them in my cub scout troop!!! oh heavens i feel old now. egads! they're the same age as my oldest ... *sigh* i'm aging way too fast.

    i'm dying to see your new wee one!!

    ~ jannet


site design by designer blogs