Last Day of First Grade

Jul 30, 2014

Sunshine starts second grade one week from today. I don't really want to talk about it... I'm pretty frustrated over how short our summers are. And between Trek, running my half marathon and Sunshine getting strep throat, it feels like we've had no summer at all.

But whether I am ready or not, school is about to start. Which means, I should probably get around to posting about the last day of school. Slowly but surely, I'm getting caught up!

Sunshine got out of school on May 22nd. It really was a bittersweet day. We were SO excited for summer to be starting, but boy was it hard to say goodbye to her first grade teacher. Mrs. G is a fantastic teacher and Sunshine learned so much from  her. I tried to convince Mrs. G to move up to second grade with her kiddos, but my begging and pleading didn't work! It was also hard because we had to say goodbye to Mrs. Rita, Ms Hall and Ms Morrison. Mrs. Rita has been the secretary at Sunshine's school since the school opened and we absolutely adore her. It is going to be very strange not having her around this year. Ms Hall and Ms Morrison were 2nd and 3rd grade teachers who moved abroad to teach. I am so sad that Sunshine is going to miss the chance to have them as teachers. Despite never having been in their classes, Sunshine loved both of them and I'd gotten to know them well enough through volunteering at the school that saying goodbye to them was a teary experience.

I am so incredibly grateful for the wonderful school Sunshine has had the opportunity to attend. No school is perfect, but we have been very happy with the education she has received thus far and the close knit, family atmosphere that comes from attending such a small school. I may not be ready for Sunshine's second grade school year to begin, but we are definitely excited to be going back to a school we love so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs