Three

Oct 5, 2013



Three years ago today, this sweet lady passed away, leaving Bruce without his mother, my girls without a grandmother and me without my mother in law and one of my best friends.

The past three years have been hard. Whoever says "time heals all wounds" is a liar. Time does not heal the wounds of a loved one dying. Sure, as time goes on, life also goes on and each moment in life is no longer consumed by grief and sadness. But when the moments of grief and sadness do come, they hurt just as badly as they did that day. And sometimes, the pain is actually worse, like when I remember that Man Cub has never had the chance to be cuddled in Grandma's arms, that Beebs has never had a sleepover with Grandma and that Sunshine is slowly starting to forget this wonderful woman who was such an important part of her life for far too short a time.

Today has been hard. I have cried, I have been sad, I haven't been the most patient or loving mother as I dealt with the emotions of today, and I hope my children can forgive me for that. I have been hurting today, more than I thought I would.

I feel so blessed to have known her and to be a part of her family, now and forever. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and my knowledge that this mortal life is just a small speck of time and that we will one day be reunited.

I know we will be together again.

But for now, I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs