Halloween Festivities

May 4, 2016



I already wrote about our Halloween evening and Trick or Treat fun, but there are other Halloween festivities that I still need to document. In May. Slowly but surely, folks. Slowly but surely.

First- Bruce drew me this awesome picture to include with my Halloween decor. I love it! He typically doesn't use colour when he draws, so that touch makes this particular picture extra special.


I took as many opportunities as possible to dress Shark Bait in his various costumes. Turns out, he has quite the collection! 




Ultimately, he dressed as a little green alien from Toy Story for on actual Halloween. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of him that day! But I have one from two months earlier when I ordered his costume and had to try it on him immediately after it was delivered. I can't believe how big it was on him then. And by Halloween, it almost didn't fit!


Instead of a Halloween costume party at school, the girls had "dress as your favourite book character" day. I panicked, thinking that meant they had to have a separate costume. Turns out, it is just the "politically correct" way of having Halloween at school? I don't know... I just know that I put together two totally different costumes for them and then found out from the teachers at school that they would've been just fine showing up dressed as Jessie and Buttercup from Toy Story. Oh well. We had fun putting together Laura Ingalls and Room on the Broom Witch costumes. I think Beebs' costume turned out particularly good. I made the skirt out of a Goodwill purchased t shirt. Not too bad, right?! 



We had an actual Halloween party in Preschool. None of this "favourite book character" stuff. Man Cub rocked his Woody costume. I love my handsome little guy!


We skipped our ward Trunk or Treat, but did attend my father in law's with him. It was a lot of fun to see old friends and Man Cub was pretty excited to get even more candy.


Our Halloween was a good one! Lots of fun costumes, lots of yummy treats, and lots of fun with family and friends. We couldn't have asked for more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs