Happy 2nd Birthday, Man Cub!

Sep 25, 2014


 Sweet Man Cub,

Today you are 2. You have changed so much over the past year... I feel like so much growth occurs between 1 and 2. It is a bittersweet time for me. I love watching you become you- developing an opinion, determining your likes and dislikes, but oh how my heart aches for the days when I was your everything.

These days, it is all about Dad. You seem to recognize that the two of you need to stick together as the men of the household. When Dad isn't around, you still need me to help you get a snack or find you a toy. But if Dad is around, I am chopped liver, at best. I miss you wanting me over anyone, but it has been so much fun to watch you become Daddy's little shadow. You want to be like him in every way. I especially love watching you mimic him as he gets ready for the day. It is not unusual for me to find you in the master bathroom, getting into Daddy's drawer. You'll pull out his deodorant and attempt to put it on. Then you grab his electric razor and hold it to your cheek. You grin at me, as if to say "See! I can do it too! I'm just like Daddy". I hope you want to be like your Daddy for the rest of your life. He is a good man- a wonderful husband and loving father, a hard worker and a faithful Priesthood holder. You could not have better ambitions in life than wanting to be like him.

You are such an active little boy. From the time you get up until the time you go to bed, you want to play. And you tell me that with enthusiasm! "Play! Play! Play!" You cry when we pull you away from your toys, especially your collection of Disney Cars. You also love planes and trains, but if the opportunity comes to go outside, you drop everything and run. You love to climb on the playground and go down the slide. You love digging in the dirt and soaking yourself with the hose. You are busy, all. the. time. But when you crash, you crash hard! You sleep a solid 12 hours each night with a good 2 hour nap each day. You rest well so you can play hard. You need every drop of energy you can find.

You are also eating us out of house and home already. I have heard the stories of teenage boys... if your appetite now is any indicator of what is to come, we are in big trouble. You love food and you can pack away a lot of it. Once again, this comes from how hard you play. You've got to fuel the little tornado that is Man Cub!

You love your big sisters... they mean the world to you. You recently came up with your own special name for Sunshine. You call her Yaya and she absolutely loves it. When we drop her off for school in the morning, you wave until the school is no longer in sight, saying "Bye Yaya! Bye Yaya!". And your excitement when she comes home each afternoon just makes her day. You and Beebs have an interesting relationship... you fight like cats and dogs, you are partners in all sorts of mischief and she is the one you cry for when I put you down for your nap each day. It breaks my heart to hear you call for her from your bedroom. You love that girl, even if she does try to take your toys!

You are such a sweet boy and we are so blessed to have you in our family. We love your cheesy grin and your squishy hugs. We love to play with you and chase you around (unless we are chasing you because it is time to leave the house and you are refusing to come with us!). We love your excitement for life. We love you, Man Cub, and we are so glad you are ours.

Enjoy being 2, little man!
Love Always,
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post! He is such a fun, happy, adorable little kid. He is lucky to have two parents who are both great examples and great parents. Happy birthday Man Cub!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs